Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Olga 2004-07-18 2:50

i like this unusual photo (but i have never heard of La Bombonera...). i think it is more of a nostaligia for the potential Argentine's greatness that may never arrive. the country has had its moments and is cherishing them in the times of uncertainty and turmoil.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Olga: La Bombonera

Hi Olga.. In truth la bombonera is the name of the stadium ... the block is called 'Boca' ( something like 'mouth' in your language ) ... i'm sure you know .. sorry for this mistake ... i think not only Argentina is in crisis but all the world, because all the political and social global arrangement must be reformed to make possible the continuit of human race. Of course, in an financial aspect, the situation of undeveloped or in-development countries are worst !! Regards ... Eduardo
Old 07-19-2004, 12:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: La Boca

Ah! La Boca!! claro! i was in Bs As when Boca Juniors came back as champions of Latin American Cup (last December?) well, what can i say, you Argentines are like that Old Grand Duke of York: "when I am up, I am up, but when I am down, I am down"

:))
Old 07-19-2004, 12:04 PM
TE Junior Member

oops sorry i haven't noticed you are from Brazil... would that be true for the rest of S America i wonder?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:53 AM
TE Junior Member

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ... may be we are similar in this way ... regards ... eduardo