Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great arturo 2006-08-29 15:24

Hi Eric,

i really appreciate the images you're uploading from this particular region...it's an equally interesting part of the country as the known & "established" tourist trademarks...looking at the image & reading your note is occurs to me that it would be less risky to simply walk across the river bed rather than risk the oroya trip...at least in case of this river & during the dry season...or there is a steep part which awaits this person?...cheers, arturo

Old 08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To arturo: Dry season

Indeed people cross by feet during the dry season (though it is indeed very steep)
Here they demonstrated the system to me because we were planning the building of this suspended bridge.
There was at that time about 50cm water... which is OK.. the problem is once it reaches 1m. Flash floods occur in the cordillera and the water may rise very suddenly... if you are crossing the 100m wide river when this occurs...you simply have no chance to reach the other side ;-(

That' (their) life
Eric /.