Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Burnham 2004-08-06 15:24

I used to be one of them, but on inliners, and you're right it takes ages and tons of bruises to get it right ;o) Very nice shot and your remark on the dresscode is SO accurate, these guys frowning at people in suits, because they want to be different and when you look at them they are such a uniformed crowd, but a lovely crowd ;o) The motion is hard to miss, and you did great!

Old 08-06-2004, 10:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To Burnham: inliners

Hee Line, there was a girl this afternoon, she let all those boys behind, jumped real high and far.
Did you just skate distances or also tricks? Yes, I loved it there, they seem so tough, but are friendly and not looking strange at that (in their eyes) old lady with that camera.
thanks, Rinie
Old 08-06-2004, 11:49 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Burnham: inliners

Hi Rinie. I did both distance and stunts, but was always left a bit behind by the guys I skated with when it came to sliding and grinding. It was fun, I still skate but now only as a means of transportation instead of a bike. I think the skater culture gets alot of scholding because it's so often linked to graffiti, and that's wrong!
By the way it's great to hear that there was a girl at the site, did you capture her?

How's your arm now?

Cheers
Line
Old 08-07-2004, 01:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Burnham: inliners

Hi Line, I can imagine it was fun, it looks so dynamic, and the atmosphere is really friendly.
No, I didn't get the girl good, I think out of 250-250 photos' (camera was on continue), there are just a couple good enough, I found it very difficult.
For years I have been taking pictures of horses in full trot, and then I tried to shoot them while their legs are fully stretched, and out fear of being too late, I was always too early, the same with jumping pictures, my timing is lousy. But like these stunts, I will keep on practising, because I think panning is fun, and great!

Well, my arm, I wrote Curtis that there's this thin line between wise and stupid, and I cross it. The D70 is giving me so much fun, well, you know it too, that I just want to share the results, AND keep in touch with you guys!
Just saw that you wrote a message on he still knew too much, I wasn't alerted, probably because you wrote it ot me and Jennifer. Will go and chack it out now.
Enjoy your last weekend in Denmark for the time being. Will send you an e-mail.
Take care and enjoy, Rinie