Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Emiel_Skyfreak 2006-12-16 6:41

Opposite to my shot of today, yours is very well saturated and vibrant. Cool. Also awesome that you could shoot this elk (is that the same as deer?)
Did you use a polarizer for this one? (is it possible on this cam?) Nice blue sky. Good autumn tones on the field..whilst it wasn't even autumn.
I see you've used the max of space allowed, but still detail suffered a bit, but can't blame you for that. Maybe a width of 720~750 would allow you to get just a bit more detail.
Further there is just congrats.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To Emiel_Skyfreak: elk vs. deer

the North American Elk or Wapiti is a much larger cousin of the deer .. they can reach 1100 pounds (495 kg) and five feet at the shoulder ... at times they seem to just carpet the National Park they are so numerous

.. no polarizer .. I did darken the blue just a nudge and then try to pull that back out of the snow just to get that effect a little .. but mostly this cheap little digicam I was using just saturates the daylights out of everything .. and also why the lack of detail .. that camera (and/or my ability with it) could not handle as complex of metering situation this late afternoon spring time image was .. I tried a bunch tweaks to get more detail out of it .. they mostly seem to have been obliterated when I took it down to 200k.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Elk vs. deer

Thanks for the explaination John. So they are relatives, but not really the same species.
You did a good job on bringing it down to 200kb, your just on the limit, so the maximum amount is preserved. Maybe it's the cam indeed.
Hope you will have a good weekend..full of shooting?

Emiel.