Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Hellas 2007-06-14 2:34

Latiff,
I see a lot of information there and so useful for mountaineers. In Greece that is unavailable at present and experience in reading maps is the most important thing.
This image stands forward its clarity and the point of the view. I like very much the blue sky, PL worked very well! I also see rings for animals and a drinking trough at the right. Thank you my friend for sharing. Regards,
Athanasios.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Hellas: trail signs

It's quite difficult to get lost in the high alpine walk in Switzerland. The signs are posted everywhere. You don't need to consult your map to know which direction to take at trail junctions. There are regular & frequent painted signs on rocks along the path. The free simple trail map you get from the tourist office is all that your need. No point buying the expensive & detail map. The only problem I had with the simple map was the difficulty in identifying the peaks & mountain features that I saw while on the trail. Warmest greetings. Have a nice weekend. Latiff.