Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good ben4321 2007-08-03 2:02

I looked at this one because it had no comments - it's always a shame when a posting gets ignored. Even when a shot hasn't worked it's good to know why. It seems to me that most people would rather ignore an image than make negative comments.
Your idea was good here Brian - shooting directly from above can often yield interesting results. If you had dared to hang over the edge a bit further you could have avoided chopping the woman's head in half and the shot would have worked a lot better. The light is quite soft and flat, and I think a boost to the contrast would also improve it. Setting some negative exposure compensation at the time of shooting would also have depened the colours and reduced the burn-out on their clothing.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ben4321: Drat!!

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your comments (even though it means I'll have to remove it from my theme of photos no-one likes - and in a perverse way....b*gger! :>)).
I know I don't use my digital SLR properly: I forget about the motordrive and exposure compensations & all that and just shoot - I should get to know it better so I can make the most of these opportunities.
I'll dig out the RAW file tomorrow and see if I can improve on the exposure and post a workshop, but there's no way I could have hung over the balcony any more than I did.......smooth stone & humidity......you get the picture...

Ta
Brian