Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SergeMtl 2007-12-02 16:19

You seem very serious about your photography and I think you have a good eye. Your posts are not doing justice to the original images. In Photoshop or other sofware, reduce the image size to the maximum permited (600x800 pixels), and save to jpg. using the least compression to get as close to the permitted 200KB file size as possible. You can also perhaps do more tweaking of contrast and sharpness levels (Don't overdo it though).
All the same this is a good atmospheric photo with interesting backlighting.
Welcome to TrekEarth
Serge

Old 12-03-2007, 01:55 AM
TE Newbie

Default To SergeMtl: photos

Thanks for your comments, I am trying to develop & refine my photography skills after years of it just being a casual hobby. I saved a lot of my images with the longest side at 500 pixels for sale through photographers direct (http://www.photographersdirect.com/tomfarebrother) so I'm uploading from those ready-prepared files. To be honest I've had some concerns about my pictures being 'lifted' by people looking for free stock photos if I post them to other sites at higher resolution, although I suppose 600x800 is still too low for most uses. Is that something that concerns you also?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To SergeMtl: photos

Hi Tom. I'm not extremely concerned, although I have seen a reference on the site suggesting that some 'lifting' has occured. Some members electronically sign their pictures, presumably because they fear this. I find though that this takes away from the appeal of the work.
Also, there is such an avalanche of great images on the site that you wonder where a thief is even going to start!
I'm now shooting with a 10MP Panasonic LX2, and I find it dissapointing to lose very fine detail & texture in the compression, so I would probably be tempted to post much bigger files if I could.
I imagine someone working professionally would avoid posting obvious 'money' shots.
Serge