Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great steliosk 2008-03-19 12:39

Hello Paolo,
I'm wondering why did you chose that green White Balance colour to this beautiful night scene. Don't get me wrong, I like green, its just makes me wonder.
Another smooth capture.

Regards
Stelios

Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To steliosk: green red or red green

Hi Stelio. I can't let you wonder too much about this one ;). By that time, I noticed that the program selector in my camera had more features than the auto one, including the manual; so I said to myself: Hey, I can make a night shot! One night, I went shopping with my wife and said to her: Wait here for 5 minutes while I go there and take a photograph ;). Before that (making experiences), I left the white balance completly on the red side and forgot about it; when I came home, all I could see was red (not that I don't like red, I do, but it was too much). So, what you can see now, was my attempt to fix that problem on PaintShop Pro. Let's hope that now, with a better camera, more knowledge about working with photoshop and weel introduced to the wonders of RAW, I can do something better. Thanks to your trip to my gallery and nice words. All the best. Paulo.
P.S. I hope my rusty english is readable.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To steliosk: green red or red green

Dear Paolo, I think your "rusty" English, is much better than mine :)

I have another post, talking about white balance issues here.

White balance never troubled me before, I have locked the Auto White Balance setting in my camera, and I make my corrections from RAW or Paint Shop Pro like you do.

I remember quite many shots have white balance adjustments in my gallery, HUE adjustments as well (where the magenta colours are more enhanced in some)

Another example is this where you can compare it with my workshop which contains the original JPEG photo :)

Thanks for your reply
Many Regards
Stelios