Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Jonas_Schmitt 2008-09-17 12:30

Hello Jose!
Fidji is a place I悲 really really like to go, I扉e heard and read so many nice stories about it and I惴 glad of every picture (and note) I can find about it. You愉e story is really interesting, it愀 always nice to read about experiences with local people. Oh yes, the diving there should be brilliant, Lavena is very famous for the beautiful beaches, the different birds and - diving. A pity you couldn愒 go in this morning (would it have been with diving mask and snorkel or with real equipment? - I扉e only dived one time with diving mask and snorkel, that was on an island near Malaysia), but your experience with the kids and the chocolate also sounds really interesting.
Anyway, your photo is great....the water looks so clear and really invites you to go swimming, and the kids really bring life into the composition. Also no bad quality, especially for a scanned film, looks really good !
So, have a nice day and best regards,
Jonas

Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 AM
TE Expert

Default To Jonas_Schmitt: scuba diving

Hello Jonas!
Thank you for your nice comments!
You can find some underwater pictures from Fiji in my gallery "underwater", if you like it, and I am still scanning some old photos from that travel. I began my underwater's experiences with a snorkel and a mask when I was 12yo, but later I learned to scuba diving and I bought a Nikonos V to shoot underwater. You can have a lot of fun snorkeling in Fiji, but the real action really happens when you are scuba diving. So, if you like to travel to island destinations, you shouldn愒 hesitate to be scuba diving certified, and I am sure you will have some of the greatest experiences of you life, specially in the Pacific. Its really GREAT!
All the best!
Zeca