Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Adrique 2008-10-07 10:04

Hi Stasa, thanks for posting a photo from my hometown. I knew it愀 location immediately after spotting a thumbnail of this photo. The photo is perfectly straight, no tilt visible, which is sometimes pretty uneasy to achieve at a long zoom. Details in the center are perfectly sharp, but it seems that the image gets softer to the edges.
The colors are naturally intense, the composition is rather static. But I know, it愀 not so easy to create a inventive look on a detail of architecture, when you want to preserve a documentary aspect of your photo.
Once again TFS, and you are welcome to stop by in Trnava on your next journey to Slovakia.
Best regards,
Adrian

PS: Can you tell, what did you do in Trnava? (just being curious..:-))

Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Adrique: Trnava

Hello Adrian.

I would like to thank you for taking your time and commenting on my photo. I must say that I agree with your opinion. The composition is really static and that (unfortunatelly) makes this picture rather dull. I am aware of that. But as you said (and I am glad you have pointed that out); it is extremely hard to document some detail of a building and make it interesting and appealing to others without loosing some other aspect of a photo at the same time.

Please, do not thank me for posting a photo of your hometown, because it was my pleasure to do that. Trnava is really beautiful city and it would be a shame not to post any photos about it. I have enjoyed my stay there and you can be more than sure that I will make a stop in Trnava on my next trip to Slovakia.

What did I do in Trnava? I was actually being there as a part of delegation that was visiting PSA plant; but in the free time I was walking around the city, visiting churches (my favourite is St. Nicolas church, but at that time they were doing some renovation works on it), I also went around faculties and I visited most of the pubs in the town (the best way to get to know the locals). It was nice. And I really like the city wall (even though it got us a bit confused, when we got ther the first night). I am sorry we stayed there only for 2 days (we spent most of the trip in Bratislava), because there was still much to see.

Enjoy your day and take care.

Staa
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Adrique: Trnava

Dear Staa,
I扉e been to Ljubljana last year, but I was not able to take any photos, as I had my camera very recently stolen (not in Slovenia :-)) and I did not have time to get a new one.
I was there for a Medicinal Mushroom conference. Unfortunately, I was not able to see much of the town, as the conference kept me very busy and immediately after it ended, I had to return back to Slovakia. I hate such business trips, when I have no time to look where I actually am.

Best regards,
Adrian