Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-05-10 0:52

Hi Jose,

Love the bend in the street, that part gives so much depth and gives it really a huge 3D feeling. Also the light control is excellent, those brown walls look very natural, just lake the textures on the street.
I think you pushed the blue sky but i like that, it's almost a must-do in such an image and it gives very good contrast. There are however some jagged lines in the image. along the rooftop and look at that wire, it's very pixelated. Probably caused by resizing and sharpening.
Anyway, the street and view it self are very beautiful....

Regards,

Henk

Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM
TE Expert

Default To Floydian: Pushed sky, etc.

Hi Henk,

I don' need to tell you how I appreciate your thoughtful and hopefully honest critiques, so I am very glad when you like my posts.

You are right in everything you say about the photo, except that the sky isn't as pushed as it may look, because the original shot is quite underexposed - I had several versions with different exposure adjustment, but I find very difficult to get reasonably natural looking skies when they are OE, even if slightly, in the original.

As for the jagged lines, I only noticed it too late and I was lazy to correct it yesterday. I wonder why that happened, it must have something to do with the angle that messes up with the resizing algorithm.

I am not sure if the cables are pixelated, because they are naturally twisted, so the sawtooth appearance is natural. Anyway, that's not pleasant to the eye and that should have been another pretext to have them cloned.

Regards, Jos.