Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Juzo 2010-12-08 7:49

Hi Marc,
I am liking the B&W, the dynamic contrasts - they remind a little of Daido Moriyama.
There is scene in this non-place, the woman seems to have stopped to look at you, it's beguiling and angular.
Cheers
Justin

Old 12-08-2010, 03:05 PM
TE Newbie

Smile To Juzo: Daido

Huuuuh Daido Moriyama. Big guy on the spot. I love his work. I get this b/w with Photoshop > Image > adjustment > selective colors. Then switch on black an add as much as you like. Works quite nice. Marc
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Moriyama,

Hi Marc,
An guy who used to post here introduced me to Moriyama, and I loved it. I don;t own photoshop, I try to get as much in-camera as I can, but I think I am overdue to get PP, and try these settings.
Cheers
Justin
Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
TE Newbie

Smile Photoshop

I think you should. It愀 easy to do first steps with photoshop. It can add a lot to that kind of photography you do with all these patterns and interesting structure. It helps to feature core areas in the photo and supports the message you have. All the Best, M.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Daido

Hi Marc,
I used to use it alot years ago, more for design back then, but I wanted to see what I could get from the lens and settings more, I think I live in fear I may process my shots too much, I seem happy to use basic software for contrast and shaprness and that is about it.. but I think, if I use it wisely It may work for me again..camera-wise, i like my little camera as I have been avoiding the DSLR due to the size but sometimes I think I should use one too for that option.
cheers
Justin