Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great worldcitizen 2011-02-01 18:02

Hello Larry,
You certainly are able to find and photograph interesting and lesser-known structures. I had never heard of this landmark before, and I ended up doing a search on Google. It was interesting to read that it's a very modern structure, built as a recreation of an Irish castle. I like your framing with the greenery in the foreground. It is a novelty to see a "castle" in Florida.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default To worldcitizen: Castle Ottis

Brenda,

It was really not a picture perfect day when my wife and I just happened on this place while driving north from St Augustine along the coast. We were visiting or son in Jacksonville and took a side trip when we got the call our daughter-in-law had just gone into labor and we needed to get back.

Unfortunately it was not open so we could not go inside, but a group on a scavenger hunt happened by while we were there, and they had to have their picture taken there. We did.

Actually (long before TE) I did some PS adjustments to restore contrast, the foreground greenery and the sky, which in the original RAW showed up pretty much as overcast.

Maybe on my TL page I will revisit this image (of one of the others I shot that day) after doing some Nik HDR Pro post processing to see if I can add some more structure.

Are you on TL and TN?

Thanks so much for stopping by. I very much enjoy your images here on TE.

LAB
brech.com/np
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 AM
TE Expert

Default TL and TN

Hello Larry,

Thanks for your message. No, I am not on TL or TN. I spend so much time on TE, and sometimes it is hard to find creative ideas just for this site.

I'm glad you enjoy my gallery.

Have a good day,
Brenda