Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MJR 2012-02-04 3:17

Lukasz
I thought from the thumbnail, this was a picture of a red coated climber on an overhanging rock, then I saw the title, and thought the climber was on some ruins, but no, no climber at all, just relentless recording of this terrible place.

You are creating a fine (awful ?! ) series here ..

This is part of the demolished crematoria ?

I don't know if you have recorded the, for me, worst scene in the whole place, which was the series of 'overnight' cells, four to a space no bigger than a 'phone kiosk, with minimal access at floor level and only a hole at high level for ventilation.( in Auschwitz 1 ) They obviously awoke some inner nerve of my own. I had never thought myself sensitive to claustrophobia before, but thoughts of these cells wake me up at night, three years later !

I know every kind of atrocity went on there, but much is now only in the record books. These cells, a very tangible record of the brutality, stick in my mind as evidence of total depravity, unforgivable depravity, of the day, and which remains completely beyond my comprehension.

Anyway - enough !

rgds
Martin

Old 02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
TE Newbie

Default To MJR: yes Maritn ...

yes, this is a part of demolished crematioria II in Birkenau. when i took this photo close to me was praying and singing group of young Jews. This is a terrible place. in those ground we can find a bones of people murdered in this area.

this place is full of sadness, pain, and stories of peoples who survive this awful time.

I remember basement of "death block" nr 11 in Auschwitz I it is traumatic and very depressing place.