Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2013-03-10 11:30

Hello Roger,

An interesting note and an interesting word too - I've never, ever heard of "hellacious" before, but I see that it's in my computer's dictionary! Here you are:

hellacious [h*l'leISEs] adjective (U.S., slang)

1 remarkable; horrifying

2 wonderful; excellent

[C20: from HELL + -acious as in AUDACIOUS]

We learn something new every day!

A very fine photograph with the most delicious lighting - bright light on the foreground and the aeroplane, rather mystical light on the distant mountain and a rather foreboding light in the sky where we see a very broad rainbow, probably a portent of bad weather to come. Hellacious weather, probably!

Very well seen and taken with interesting light, gorgeous colours and excellent details and sharpness.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Did you fly out in this aeroplane?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: I did not fly on that plane

No way did I fly out on this airplane, though it would probably have been beautiful. If you've never been to Monument Valley, it's the place where every Western movie ever has been filmed, at least for the wilderness scenes. Incredibly dramatic and beautiful place. We drove out. Driving in that rain was bad enough.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
TE Expert

Default Driving sounds a better option..........

Hi Roger,

Well, I agree - driving in a storm might be pretty unpleasant but I guess it's a bit less scary than flying in a titchy little 'plane.

Monument Valley is a place I'd love to see. Having never, ever ventured "across the pond", this is the sort of place I should wish to visit rather than Las Vegas or Chicago though I can understand the attraction of the big cities too. I can just imagine Gary Cooper, John Wayne or Clint Eastwood in this setting!

Best Wishes,

John.