Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2016-11-19 22:00

Hello Satyakki.
I think this is a very good b/w photo, very well cropped to create an interesting composition. Great use of shallow depth of field, and the blurry bit in the bottom left adds a real documentary feeling to the photo. I like the row of men's heads with the boy's above. The expression on his face makes one curious about what he may be looking at, but he is certainly holding on tight to his father during the hours of boredom and frustration. I've read about the 'demon' in the news services, and I believe this photo captures the whole subject very well. My favourite photo of the day, by a long way. I can't believe that after 144 views this is the first critique. What is wrong with people?
Regards,
Andrew

Old 11-21-2016, 05:17 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To macondo: Gratitude

My Dear Andrew,

Many thanks for your appreciation of my shot. It is indeed tough days here in India. Our Nation continues to be in 'Queue".Hopefully for a lot good.

One principal reason for poor response to my Photos despite 144 views, I am sure - is my long absences from TE. My main work is fairly demanding and prevents me from being in TE regularly. I miss TE and these interactions. Hence, I have accepted. It's like making a good film which is not a Box Office smasher but even if one person watches, you are home with your purpose.
You did that for me.

Very Warm Regards,

Satyakki Bhattacharjee