Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2020-06-15 7:46

Hi Benny
As soon as I had seen your post pop up I knew it was no coincident that another photo from Mali appeared soon after Gert's! ;-)
What an amazing image, I love everything about it - the colours are outstanding and the composition with the bustling market in front of this imposing building created a fascinating post.
I don't know the history of Mali that well (I would love to actually go there and make up for it...) but I'm almost sure it's not just religion that causes issues but the other "usual suspects" - human greed and foreign powers, just like in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and lots of other countries I've been to. Why we, people, can't just respect each other?
Best wishes
Kasia

Old 06-16-2020, 10:07 AM
TE Expert

Thumbs up To kasianowak: thanks

Thanks for your comment and for adding this shot as a favourite. I'm honoured.

If you want to learn more about the history of Mali, even without being able to get there, I highly recommend the novel S嶲ou by Maryse Cond. It's a long, long read, but it's very good and you get a very clear picture of the region's history.

I agree with you comment on religion not being the only and probably not even the main cause of trouble. Most of the world's problems would have been avoided if people were just happy with what they have or - there is a famous quote here, but I can't find it - if people just would stay home.

Benny