Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-07-01 11:49

Hello Gert,
At that moment nobody wanted to start a dialogue with the last herring. But what can you say when the disaster has taken place?
I read your answer to Chris. But haven't the mink companies in Denmark stopped their activities (since the coronavirus broke out last year and couldn't be stopped anymore)? At least that's what they tell us here.
I try to imagine the face of the fisherman from the big net in the foreground who, when he returns, finds that big herring in his net :)
Best regards, Paul

Old 07-01-2021, 08:08 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: mink fodder

Thank you Paul,
Maybe the man in the red shirt was shy of the rostrum and had a more informal char with the herring.
And maybe the mink fodder is sold to Swedish mink farms now that the Danish are out of business. Or it is used to feed Norwegian salmons.
Best regards,
Gert
Old 07-07-2021, 11:39 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert, I understand that in any case the Finns go free.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:53 PM
TE Expert

Hi Paul and Gert,

Poland is the world's third-largest mink fur producer, behind Denmark and China, with 354 farms housing some 6 million mink. Activists from the Polish animal rights organisation Open Cages published the shocking results of a two-month-long investigation at the largest fur farm in Poland. The activist employed on the mink farm documented, among others, cases of cannibalism, open wounds and untreated sick animals. But it is a very big business so even Kaczyński is helpless.
Have a nice day

Malgo