相片

Photographer's Note

See the church in the WS.
------------------------
Gergeti Trinity Church is an Orthodox Church in Kazbegi Township, Georgia. It is located near the town of Gergeti, on the right bank of the Chkheri River (tributary of the Terek), at an altitude of 2,170 meters, under Mount Kazbek.

The Trinity Church, also known as Tsminda Sameba, was built in the 14th century and is the only church with an inscribed cross structure in the Khevi area. Its isolated position, on top of a steep mountain, surrounded by the vastness of the natural landscape, has made the church a true symbol of Georgia.

The bell tower that adjoins the church dates back to the same time. The 18th century historian, geographer and cartographer Vakhushti Bagration wrote that in times of danger, the precious relics kept in Mtskheta were brought to the Gergeti Church for safety. In 1795, after another Persian invasion, even the most important of Georgian relics, the Cross of Santa Nino, was brought here.

During the Soviet period the church was closed to worship, but it remained a popular tourist destination. After the collapse of the communist regime it was returned to the autocephalous Georgian Orthodox Apostolic Church.

-------------------------------------------------

Ver la iglesia en el WS.
-----------------------
La iglesia de la Trinidad de Gergeti es una Iglesia Ortodoxa en el municipio de Kazbegi, Georgia. Se encuentra cerca del pueblo de Gergeti, en la orilla derecha del r甐 Chkheri (afluente del Terek), a una altitud de 2. 170 metros, bajo el Monte Kazbek.

La Iglesia de la Trinidad, tambi幯 conocida como Tsminda Sameba, fue construida en el siglo XIV y es la nica iglesia con una estructura de cruz inscrita en el 嫫ea de Khevi. Su posici鏮 aislada, en la cima de una monta鎙 empinada, rodeada por la inmensidad del paisaje natural, ha hecho de la iglesia un aut幯tico s璥bolo de Georgia.

El campanario que linda con la iglesia se remonta a la misma 廧oca. El historiador, ge鏬rafo y cart鏬rafo del siglo XVIII vakhushti Bagration escribi que en tiempos de peligro, las preciosas reliquias guardadas en Mtskheta eran llevadas a la Iglesia de Gergeti, para ser puestas a salvo. En 1795, despu廥 de otra invasi鏮 persa, incluso la m嫳 importante de las reliquias georgianas, la Cruz de Santa Nino, fue tra獮a aqu.

Durante el per甐do sovi彋ico la iglesia estaba cerrada al culto, pero segu燰 siendo un destino tur疄tico popular. Despu廥 del colapso del r嶲imen comunista fue devuelto a la Iglesia Apost鏊ica autoc嶨ala Ortodoxa Georgiana.


Photo Information
  • Copyright: Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9124 W: 5 N: 16396] (73040)
  • Genre: 地方
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2019-09-30
  • Exposure:f/inf, 30 seconds
  • Photo Version:Original Version, Workshop
  • Date Submitted: 2022-04-14 10:59
Viewed: 0
Points: 40
Discussions
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9124 W: 5 N: 16396] (73040)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH