相片

Photographer's Note

Poggiodomo is a town of 145 inhabitants of the province of Perugia.
One of the smallest municipalities in Italy (the smallest of Umbria by population), is a thousand meters above sea level surrounded by lush green lands of the Nera Valley, in the upper valley of the river Tissino.
Poggiodomo from the Latin word "podium" podium, platform, and "dome" to cultivate. Located at m.s.l. 974 with a total population of 174 inhabitants is the smallest and highest town in Umbria. The surface of the entire municipality is sq. km. No 40.01 and includes 3 fractions, Usigni, Roccatamburo Mucciafora.Le and its origins date back to the twelfth century, is located on the river valley and is dominated by mountains Tissino Carpenale and Coscerno. In the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries the history of the City are closely linked to those of the towns of Spoleto and Cascia. It 'sure Poggiodomo in 1361 was no longer part of Spoleto is also evidence that in 1377 the entire territory of Poggiodomo was under the dominion of Cascia. The 1st September 1529 at St. Salvatore was read to approved the Statute of Poggiodomo, where he acknowledged the authority of Spoleto. In 1559 the area was hit by a violent earthquake that forced many changes in the various countries from the urban point of view, this is the case of Poggiodomo that developed ahead of the old castle, the town is still possible to see the plant developed around the ancient castle to the church of S. Carlo Borromeo. The fraction of Usigni underwent profound changes especially at the urging of Cardinal Fausto Poli. The position of the poles and its magnaminit availed themselves of the town of Spoleto Valnerina and Cascia but above all with whom he had close ties to government. In 1629, while "butler" and donated it to the Prefect of the Apostolic Palaces of St. collegiate Mary of Cascia silver reliquary containing a thorn in the tradition of the crown of the Redeemer, also one of its many merits we should mention the constant efforts to promote the process of beatification of Sister Rita Lotti was that despite acclaimed blessed by the people, the church does not had yet officially recognized as Blessed. For the Poles Usigni his native country he built the church of St. Savior of drawing from the school of Bramante. In the nineteenth century there is the establishment of the City, in 1809 with the occupation of the Papal States by Napoleon, was separated from Cascia Poggiodomo and official recognition as an autonomous territory. The Municipality was confirmed by the unit of Italy in his land, and was maintained despite the request made by the Ministry of Interior of aggregated to the municipality of Monteleone di Spoleto. In the first half of the twentieth century is marked by two world wars and also in Poggiodomo many victims were recorded.
The town is surrounded by places where nature reigns unchallenged, precisely because of his isolated position Poggiodomo has always been a place of refuge for monks, hermits, the exiled Ghibelline medieval and partisans, who, during the Second World War we founded the Brigade more operational.

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 18968 W: 130 N: 40051] (213809)
  • Genre: 地方
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2013-02-09
  • Categories: 自然建築
  • Exposure:f/7.1, 1/80 seconds
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Photo Version:Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2014-12-07 23:59
Viewed: 1394
Points: 58
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 18968 W: 130 N: 40051] (213809)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH