相片

Photographer's Note

Convent of Santo Manno - Ampognano - Ferentillo (TR)

It is located near the old road from Ferentillo to San Mamiliano and Spoleto, just before Ampognano, taking a fork on the right and following a short stretch of dirt road.
The Convent of Santo Manno and the adjoining church were built in 1620 and first inhabited by the Observant Friars Minor, then abandoned in 1627 by the same to the Capuchins, who refused it. In 1628 it was therefore ceded to the Third Order of St. Francis, on November 27 the Provincial Father Andrea Francia took possession of it, with the commitment to have the priests, clerics and inhabitants of the place hold moral lessons twice a month.
The friars also had to offer two pounds of white wax to the Camerario of the Lateran Chapter on the occasion of the feast of St. John the Baptist. On October 15, 1652, Innocent X issued the bull "Instauranda", which suppressed convents with less than ten religious: thus the Franciscan history of the place ended.
After a long period of neglect, it is now transformed into a private home which cannot be visited.
Fonti:
A. Fabbi, Guida della Valnerina: storia e arte / Abeto (PG), presso l'autore, 1977
A. Fabbi, Storia dei comuni della Valnerina / Abeto (PG), presso l'autore, 1976
C. Favetti Ferentillo Segreta .....Storia di un Principato, Terni, 2010
L. Gentili - L. Giacch B. Ragni B. Toscano, LUmbria - Manuali per il territorio La Valnerina, Il Nursino, Il Casciano Edindustria Roma, 1977

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17825 W: 130 N: 37502] (203986)
  • Genre: 地方
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2018-05-11
  • Exposure:f/1.1, 30 seconds
  • Photo Version:Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2020-10-08 3:35
Viewed: 0
Points: 44
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17825 W: 130 N: 37502] (203986)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH