相片

Photographer's Note

The Lom church is a stavkirke type B, with central posts that support a raised roof and delimit a central hall in the nave. The rest of the ship consists of an ambulatory that surrounds the central hall on all four sides and has a lower roof. The choir, in the east, is narrower than the nave. From the Middle Ages an apse was added to the choir. At first, the church had an outer corridor that surrounded it completely, as it still does with the Borgund wooden church.

The posts of the central hall of the nave are connected to the outer walls through a system of beams and supports in the form of arches. Between the poles there are wooden arches reminiscent of the arches of the basilicas. Probably because of some initial instability, wood beams in the form of stumps were added since the Middle Ages, which interconnect the posts between them, in addition to X-shaped braces that constitute a kind of "triforium". These characteristics are typical of the stagkirke of the Borgund group, but since they are not part of the original construction, the Lom church is classified as a stavkirke of the Kaupanger group.

One of the few - if not the only - dragon heads that are presently preserved from a stavkirke comes from the church of Lom.

In the seventeenth century the church was subjected to important restorations, which were largely the cause of its current conformation. In 1634 the ship was enlarged towards the west by means of the construction of a gallery of technique lafteverk. In 1664 it was enlarged even more, with the construction of a transepto in technique reisverk. Thus, the church plant was converted into a form of Latin cross, a conformation alien to the original stavkirke. At the same time the sacristy was erected on the north side of the choir. These changes necessitated the demolition of the old exterior corridor, which allowed the introduction of large windows in the walls. Also a roof of beams was placed, that was retired in 1933.

In 1973 a new restoration was developed, which also had as objective to improve the insulation of the heat inside the temple. This allowed the realization of archaeological investigations in the ground under the floor of the church.

The interior contains pictorial decorations in the choir and some votive paintings. The pulpit dates back to the 1790s, and is carved in wood, by Jakob S犚erdalen.

---------------------------------------------------

La iglesia de Lom es una stavkirke de tipo B, con postes centrales que sostienen un techo elevado y delimitan una sala central en la nave. El resto de la nave se compone de un deambulatorio que rodea a la sala central por los cuatro lados y que posee un techo m嫳 bajo. El coro, en el oriente, es poco m嫳 estrecho que la nave. Desde la Edad Media se a鎙di un 墎side al coro. En un principio, la iglesia ten燰 un corredor exterior que la rodeaba completamente, tal como an sucede con la iglesia de madera de Borgund.

Los postes de la sala central de la nave se hallan conectados a los muros exteriores a trav廥 de un sistema de vigas y soportes en forma de arcos. Entre los postes hay arcos de madera que recuerdan a las arcadas de las bas璱icas. Probablemente a causa de cierta inestabilidad inicial, se agregaron desde la Edad Media vigas de madera en forma de cepos, que interconectan a los postes entre s, adem嫳 de tirantes en forma de X que constituyen una especie de 咨riforio. Estas caracter疄ticas son t甑icas de las stavkirke del grupo Borgund, pero como no son parte de la construcci鏮 original, la iglesia de Lom se clasifica como una stavkirke del grupo Kaupanger.

Una de las pocas -si no es que la nica- cabezas de drag鏮 que se conserva en la actualidad de una stavkirke procede de la iglesia de Lom.

En el siglo XVII la iglesia fue sometida a importantes restauraciones, que fueron la causa en gran medida de su conformaci鏮 actual. En 1634 la nave fue agrandada hacia el occidente por medio de la construcci鏮 de una galer燰 de t嶰nica lafteverk. En 1664 se agrand an m嫳, con la construcci鏮 de un transepto en t嶰nica reisverk. As, la planta de la iglesia se convirti a una forma de cruz latina, una conformaci鏮 ajena a las stavkirke originales. Al mismo tiempo se levant la sacrist燰 en el lado norte del coro. Estos cambios hicieron necesaria la demolici鏮 del antiguo corredor exterior, lo que permiti la introducci鏮 de grandes ventanas en los muros. Tambi幯 se coloc una techumbre de vigas, que fue retirada en 1933.

En 1973 se desarroll una nueva restauraci鏮, que ten燰 tambi幯 como objetivo mejorar el aislamiento del calor en el interior del templo. Ello permiti la realizaci鏮 de investigaciones arqueol鏬icas en el suelo bajo el piso de la iglesia.

El interior contiene decoraciones pict鏎icas en el coro y algunas pinturas votivas. El plpito data de la d嶰ada de

Photo Information
Viewed: 1032
Points: 54
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9043 W: 5 N: 16288] (72564)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH