相片

Photographer's Note

Transylvania met all the requirements for the development of this new architectural style in the early 18th century, when it became part of the Habsburg Empire. Ignacio de Loyola began a strong campaign to impose Catholicism as the official religion.

Jesuit monks settled in the city in 1702 with the purpose of revitalizing the Catholic community. During the first years, they found accommodation in Boer Simon's house, but in 1704 they managed to buy a piece of land near Nagy Szabo's house to build a church. When the Habsburg family in 1707, the Jesuits built a Zion on the site where the church now stands. The zion was visited by Francisco II R嫜鏂zi. In 1764, due to the increase in the Catholic population, a larger church was built.

The church was built according to the plans of the Jesuit Valentin Scherzer and was erected by the builder Konrad Hammer from Cluj. Description The facade is divided into three vertical registers and two horizontal levels. The first level includes the lower part of the towers and the fa蓷de up to the pediment. The rectangular opening of the entrance topped by a small semicircular pediment, the oblong semicircular windows of the central register with the extremely plastically articulated "eyebrow" cornices, the rectangular windows with the long slightly curved sides, the niches that hold the statues of Saint Ignatius by Loyola and Francisco Javier, the monumental pilasters that mark the towers vertically are elements of typical Baroque architecture. The upper part of the fa蓷de, delimited by a strongly profiled cornice, includes the triangular pediment with its sides slightly curved outwards and decorated with volutes, as well as the two tower roofs in the shape of successive bulbs.

The interior of the church is luxurious, with liturgical objects that are true works of art. The main altar, made in 1755 by Anton Schuchbauer and Johannes Nachtigall, is of monumental dimensions and has a pseudo-architectural structure with paired columns supporting a beautifully profiled splinting with gilt stucco.

---------------------------------------------------

Transilvania cumpli con todos los requisitos para el desarrollo de este nuevo estilo arquitect鏮ico a principios del siglo XVIII, cuando pas a formar parte del Imperio Habsburgo . Ignacio de Loyola inici una fuerte campa鎙 para imponer el catolicismo como religi鏮 oficial.

Los monjes jesuitas se instalaron en la ciudad en 1702 con el prop鏀ito de revitalizar la comunidad cat鏊ica. Durante los primeros a隳s, encontraron alojamiento en la casa de Boer Simon, pero en 1704 lograron comprar un terreno cerca de la casa de Nagy Szabo para construir una iglesia. Cuando la familia Habsburgo en 1707, los jesuitas construyeron un si鏮 en el lugar donde ahora se encuentra la iglesia. La si鏮 fue visitada por Francisco II R嫜鏂zi . En 1764 debido al aumento de la poblaci鏮 cat鏊ica se levant una iglesia m嫳 grande.

La iglesia fue construida segn los planos del jesuita Valentin Scherzer y fue levantada por el constructor Konrad Hammer de Cluj . Descripci鏮 La fachada se divide en tres registros verticales y dos niveles horizontales. El primer nivel incluye la parte inferior de las torres y la fachada hasta el front鏮. La abertura rectangular de la entrada rematada por un peque隳 front鏮 semicircular, las ventanas oblongas semicirculares del registro central con las cornisas de "ceja" extremadamente articuladas pl嫳ticamente, las ventanas rectangulares con los lados largos ligeramente curvados, los nichos que sostienen las estatuas de San Ignacio de Loyola y Francisco Javier , las pilastras monumentales que marcan las torres verticalmente son elementos de la arquitectura barroca t甑ica. La parte superior de la fachada, delimitada por una cornisa fuertemente perfilada, incluye el front鏮 triangular con sus lados ligeramente curvados hacia el exterior y decorado con volutas, as como los dos tejados de torre en forma de bombillas sucesivas.

El interior de la iglesia es lujoso, con objetos litrgicos que son verdaderas obras de arte. El altar mayor, realizado en 1755 por Anton Schuchbauer y Johannes Nachtigall, es de dimensiones monumentales y tiene una estructura pseudoarquitect鏮ica con columnas pareadas que sostienen un entablillado bellamente perfilado con estuco dorado.

Fis2, ikeharel, macjake, COSTANTINO, PaulVDV has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8679 W: 5 N: 15675] (69900)
  • Genre: 地方
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2019-06-01
  • Exposure:f/0.5, 30 seconds
  • Photo Version:Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2021-07-14 13:23
Viewed: 0
Points: 32
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8679 W: 5 N: 15675] (69900)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH