相片

Photographer's Note

Hello friends and colleagues propose today a visit to a small town in the Sierra de Cadiz, Algodonales. View of a street with the church in the background, I hope you like it, then some letters on the town.

Algodonales is a Spanish municipality in the province of Cadiz, Andalusia. It is located at the northern entrance of the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, at the northern end of the province, particularly in the foothills of Sand Mountain, between rivers Guadalete and Guadalporcn. Part of the White Towns of Andalusia, the municipality is bordered to the north by Villamartin, Puerto Serrano and Moron de la Frontera (Seville); South with El Gastor; east, with Olvera; and west, with Zahara. In 2007 he had 5,726 inhabitants. Its surface area is 135 km and has a density of 42,41 hab / km. Its geographical coordinates are 36 53 'N, 5 24' W. It is situated at an altitude of 370 meters and 118 kilometers of the province capital, Cadiz.

The nearest towns are Zahara de la Sierra, Olvera and La Muela. Today live mainly on agriculture and rural tourism and adventure. It is a popular destination for sports enthusiasts of free flight. They are renowned artisans guitar manufacturers. It also has an excellent olive oil.

His first human settlements in Neolithic times, took place in the natural shelters of Cueva Santa, Chamusquina and Castillejo, to which must be added the subsequent Iberian fortifications of Cerro de la Botinera.

The origin of the population is linked to the policy of repopulation of the reconquered lands in the early sixteenth century. The distribution of land to 1,520 proclaiming the ducal family of Arcos, the Ponce de Leon, marks the origin of the colonization of Algodonales. The fertile land and abundant water, attracted residents of the town of Zahara, to colonize the valley that extends to the foot of the Sierra sanding. The construction of houses on municipal land, made the Council Zahara undertake the mid-sixteenth century a lawsuit with the Duke of Arcs, lord of the land, so that the matrix villa is not depopulated, demolishing the houses of the settlers. Despite continuing devastation, and in 1566 becomes village and gets a Papal Bull to build a consecrated to Santa Ana church. At the end of the sixteenth century becomes a major population center, which was renamed "Puebla de los algodonales ".

During the War of Independence, in 1810, French troops burned the core, killing nearly a tenth of its population. The present shield of the municipality (a burning house) reflects the tragedy suffered by its inhabitants in that conflict. Indeed, the heroic behavior of the defenders of Puebla against the Napoleonic army was the argument brandished to demand segregation from its parent. In 1817, King Fernando VII granted the title of town Algodonales and 23,000 bushels own term, definitely independent from Zahara de la Sierra.
Source: Wikipedia.

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D3100
Software: PhotoScape
Exposure Time: 10/20000 sec
F-Stop: f/5.6
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Focal Length: 25 mm
Date Taken: 2014-12-22 13:44
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
File Size: 290 kb

PaulVDV, daddo, snunney, claudeD, mirosu, unclehotshot, gildasjan, ChrisJ, Angshu has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1448
Points: 54
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by angel cornejo (cornejo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 5753 W: 5 N: 12577] (61504)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH