相片

Photographer's Note

İzmir - Birgi ドkırağa Mansion

It is one of the rare mansions, whose architectural style special to the Aegean region could be protected until today. The construction of the mansion is known to be started in 1761 by Şerif Aliağa. Furthermore, the rich, colorful and ornamented style of the mansion show that it has been constructed in the first half of the 19th century.

The ground floor walls of the mansion having three floors, external sofa, double large wooden house rooms are made with stone building and the mid and upper floor walls are made with fill in wooden framework technique.

Entrance to the mansion having an internal garden is provided via two separate large, wooden doors. In the ground floor covered with stone plates, the locations for the service personnel, guard, guest acceptance, stable and hayloft are located. Access from the ground floor to the upstairs is provided by a wooden stair having rails. In the intermediate floor, having a lower ceiling in comparison with other floors, which is used in winter, there are five rooms and a toilet. From the hall of the intermediate floor, the upper floor having a high ceiling, which is used in summer, is reached again with a wooden, internal staircase. The upper floor has a long, rectangular plan with an open sofa, as is the case for the intermediate floor. It has two doorsteps, two projections, two large wooden house rooms. The ceilings and walls of the upper floor are ornamented with rich plant and fruit motifs and city panoramas. The windows provide illumination in the form of two rows, being flat in the lower part and arched stained glass in the upper part.

The mansion, which has been constructed in the second half of the 18th century and the restoration of which is understood to be made in the first half of the 19th century draws attention with the wood workmanship and panoramas. These ornaments have reached today without any deterioration.

The mansion, which has been used as a residence until recent times (1950), has been transferred to the Ministry of Culture. The repair of the mansion has been started in 1977 and some houses around the mansion have been nationalized in 1983. After the completion of works for the internal arrangement and exhibition, the mansion has been opened for visit in 1995. Another place that is open for visit is the oriental house just beside the mansion

BİRGİ ォKIRAĞA KONAĞI
Ege B闤gesi'ne 驆g mimari slubu gnmze kadar korunmuş ender konaklardan birisidir. Konağın inşaatının 1761 yılında Şerif Aliağa tarafından başlatıldığı bilinmektedir. Ancak konağın zengin, renkli ve sslemeli stili, tezyinatının 19. yzyılın ilk yarısında yapılmış olduğunu g飉termektedir.

塉 katlı, dış sofalı, 蓾ft kşk odalı olan konağın zemin kat duvarları taş 顤g, orta ve st kat duvarları ise ahşap 蓷tkı i蓾ne dolgu tekniği ile inşa edilmiştir.

Bir i bah蔒si olan konağa geniş ahşap iki ayrı kapıdan girilmektedir. Taş plakalarla kaplı zemin katta, hizmetli, bek蓾, misafir kabul yeri, ahır ve samanlık bulunmaktadır. Zemin kattan yukarıya trabzanlı ahşap merdiven ile ıkılmaktadır. Diğer katlara g顤e al蓷k tavanlı, kışın kullanılan ara katta, beş oda ve tuvalet bulunmaktadır. Orta kat salonundan yine ahşap, i merdiven ile yazın kullanılan yksek tavanlı, st kata ıkılır. 鈤t katın planı ara katta olduğu gibi aık sofalı ve uzun dikd顤tgen planlıdır. İki sekili, iki ıkmalı, iki kşk odalıdır. Ayrıca eyvan ve taht kşk de mevcuttur. 鈤t katın tavan ve duvarları, zengin bitki ve meyve motifleri, şehir panoramaları ile ssldr. Pencereler altta dz, stte kemerli vitray olmak zere iki sıra halinde aydınlatmayı sağlamaktadır.

18. yzyılın ikinci yarısında inşa edilen ve resim stilinden de 19. yzyılın ilk yarısında tezyinatının yapıldığı anlaşılan konak 驆ellikle ahşap iş蓾liği ve panoramalarıyla dikkati 蔒kmektedir. Bu sslemeler hi bozulmadan gnmze kadar ulaşmıştır.

Yakın tarihe (1950) kadar konut olarak kullanılmış olan konak daha sonra Kltr Bakanlığı'na devredilmiştir. 1977 yılında onarımına başlanan konağın 蔒vresindeki bazı evlerin kamulaştırılması ise 1983 yılında ger蔒kleştirilmiştir. İ dzenleme ve teşhire y霵elik 蓷lışmaların tamamlanmasından sonra konak 1995 yılında ziyarete aılmıştır. Ziyarete aık olan bir başka yer de konağın yanıbaşındaki şark evidir

salvator, pablominto has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: cevdet ozcelik (yedirenk) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1819 W: 5 N: 572] (11244)
  • Genre: 地方
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2008-04-19
  • Categories: 建築
  • Camera: Samsung S800
  • Exposure:f/2.8, 1/30 seconds
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Photo Version:Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2008-04-20 10:31
Viewed: 2352
Points: 14
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by cevdet ozcelik (yedirenk) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1819 W: 5 N: 572] (11244)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH