相片

Photographer's Note

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Rocio, popularly known as the hermitage of Roc甐, is a temple located in the village of El Roc甐, Almonte (Huelva). In it the famous Romer燰 de El Roc甐 is celebrated annually (in which the Virgin of the Roc甐 is venerated), and that at the present time it congregates more than a million people. The current Sanctuary project is due to the architects Antonio Delgado and Roig and Alberto Balbont璯 de Orta, made around 1960.

Within its Sanctuary is the Virgen del Roc甐, a small venerated carving. Its popularity is great throughout the world, since its veneration has given rise to the second most important pilgrimage in Spain, which currently brings together more than one million people every year.

The 14th century hermitage
The first reference to a place of Marian worship in the area, dates from the first half of the fourteenth century and is found in the Book of the monteria of Alfonso XI, which refers to a "hermitage of Santa Mar燰 de las Rocinas." In 1587 Baltasar Tercero Ruiz founded a chaplaincy in the hermitage.

Second hermitage of El Roc甐 (1755)
That first hermitage lasted until the Lisbon earthquake in 1755, which left it in ruins. The Virgen del Roc甐 was taken to Almonte and was there for two years, there being held the Romer燰 del Roc甐 in the village of Almonte. The reforms of the hermitage finished in the year 1758.

Definitive Hermitage - Sanctuary (1969)
In 1961, the Cabildo of the Matrix Brotherhood of Almonte-chaired by Antonio Mill嫕 P廨ez- decided to build a new sanctuary, which was promoted by the first bishop of Huelva, Monsignor Pedro Cantero Cuadrado, who laid the first stone on January 26, 1964 It was designed by the architects Alberto Balbont璯 Orta and Antonio Delgado Roig with a Latin cross plan, three naves, a triforium and in the background, the main chapel. The hermitage was blessed on April 12, 1969 by the then bishop of Huelva, Monsignor Jos Garc燰 Lahiguera, and on Sunday April 13, the Virgen del Roc甐 first entered her new temple.2 In 2012, the Hermitage of El Roc甐 was linked to the Basilica of Santa Maria la Mayor in Rome, becoming the Sanctuary.

-------------------------------------------------

El Santuario de Nuestra Se隳ra del Roc甐, conocido popularmente como la ermita del Roc甐, es un templo situado en la aldea de El Roc甐, Almonte (Huelva). En ella se celebra anualmente la famosa Romer燰 de El Roc甐 (en la que se venera a la Virgen del Roc甐), y que en la actualidad congrega a m嫳 de un mill鏮 de personas. El proyecto de la actual del Santuario se debe a los arquitectos Antonio Delgado y Roig y Alberto Balbont璯 de Orta, realizado hacia 1960.

Dentro de su Santuario se halla la Virgen del Roc甐, una peque鎙 talla muy venerada. Su popularidad es grande en todo el mundo, ya que su veneraci鏮 ha dado lugar a la segunda romer燰 m嫳 importante de Espa鎙, que en la actualidad congrega cada a隳 a m嫳 de un mill鏮 de personas.

La ermita del siglo XIV
La primera referencia a un lugar de culto mariano en la zona, data de la primera mitad del siglo XIV y se halla en el Libro de la monter燰 de Alfonso XI, en que se alude a una 前rmita de Santa Mar燰 de las Rocinas. En 1587 Baltasar Tercero Ruiz funda en la ermita una capellan燰.

Segunda ermita del Roc甐 (1755)
Aquella primera ermita dur hasta el terremoto de Lisboa, en 1755, que la dej en ruinas. La Virgen del Roc甐 fue llevada a Almonte y estuvo all durante dos a隳s, celebr嫕dose all la Romer燰 del Roc甐 en el pueblo almonte隳. Las reformas de la ermita acabaron en el a隳 1758.

Ermita definitiva - Santuario (1969)
En 1961, el Cabildo de la Hermandad Matriz de Almonte -presidida por Antonio Mill嫕 P廨ez- decidi levantar un nuevo santuario, que recibi el impulso del primer obispo de Huelva, monse隳r Pedro Cantero Cuadrado, quien coloc la primera piedra el 26 de enero de 1964. Fue proyectada por los arquitectos Alberto Balbont璯 Orta y Antonio Delgado Roig con planta de cruz latina, tres naves, un triforio y al fondo, la capilla mayor. La ermita fue bendecida el 12 de abril de 1969 por el entonces obispo de Huelva, monse隳r Jos Garc燰 Lahiguera, y el domingo 13 de abril, la Virgen del Roc甐 entr por primera vez en su nuevo templo.2 En el a隳 2012, la ermita del Roc甐 se vincul a la Bas璱ica de Santa Mar燰 la Mayor de Roma pasando a denominarse Santuario.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 46
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8262 W: 5 N: 14877] (66226)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH